Marion County Mennonite Church (Morral, Ohio, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Marion County (Ohio) Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, was founded by five Cullom, Illinois, families who moved to the neighborhood of Morral in 1918-1019. One member was Eli J. Christophel, a deacon. High land values and internal dissension prevented a normal congregational development The group organized a Sunday school in 1920 and visiting ministers conducted services until 1923, when Levi L. Hartzler of West Liberty was appointed minister. He served until his death the next year. In 1923 one of the original settlers returned to Illinois. Between that date and 1927 the entire group moved away, some to Texas and some to West Liberty, Ohio.


Author(s) John S Umble
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Umble, John S. "Marion County Mennonite Church (Morral, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Marion_County_Mennonite_Church_(Morral,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113502.

APA style

Umble, John S. (1957). Marion County Mennonite Church (Morral, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Marion_County_Mennonite_Church_(Morral,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113502.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 485. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.