Mauhadih Mennonite Mission Station (General Conference Mennonite), India, was opened on 11 January 1911 by P. J. Wiens. The address is Mauhadih, via Champa, MP, India. Mauhadih is located about 25 miles (40 km) south of Champa, which lies on the Bengal-Nagpur railroad line, 400 miles (650 km) west of Calcutta. The first small house of worship was built of sun-dried brick in 1911. This was replaced by a spacious, burnt-brick church in 1920. The congregation was organized in 1915 or 1916. The Indian pastor of the church in 1949 was Samson Walters. There are 159 baptized members and 134 unbaptized children. During 1918-1938 the boys' orphanage and middle school were located in Mauhadih. In 1937 there was a devastating flood. Fearing a recurrence of this, the school was moved to Jagdeespur, about 30 miles (50 km) south. In 1954 the Mauhadih mission station was moved to a new location on higher ground, about two miles (3 km) northeast of the old site. Here in New Mauhadih in 1957 there was a primary school with over 100 children. There was also a dispensary under the supervision of the medical staff of the Champa Christian Hospital. New Mauhadih was chiefly an evangelistic station seeking to bring the Gospel to the approximately 355 villages in that area.
|Author(s)||Anna E Isaac|
 Cite This Article
Isaac, Anna E. "Mauhadih Mennonite Mission Station (Mauhadih, Champa, India)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 Mar 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mauhadih_Mennonite_Mission_Station_(Mauhadih,_Champa,_India)&oldid=89505.
Isaac, Anna E. (1957). Mauhadih Mennonite Mission Station (Mauhadih, Champa, India). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 March 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mauhadih_Mennonite_Mission_Station_(Mauhadih,_Champa,_India)&oldid=89505.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.