Maxmill Hutterite Colony (Scotland, South Dakota, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:03, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130816)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
Maxmill Hutterite Bruderhof near Scotland, Hutchinson County, South Dakota, was founded in 1900. Joseph Wipf, who had been chosen preacher in the Bon Homme Bruderhof in 1891, moved with 17 families to Maxmill and settled the colony there. Wipf was born in Russia, and died in 1917. Samuel Hofer was chosen preacher in 1911. In 1918 the Bruderhof sold its property and settled the Maxwell Bruderhofnear Pigeon Lake, Manitoba. In 1947 the New Elm Springs Bruderhof bought this site and rebuilt it.



Author(s) David Decker
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David. "Maxmill Hutterite Colony (Scotland, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maxmill_Hutterite_Colony_(Scotland,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=58432.

APA style

Decker, David. (1957). Maxmill Hutterite Colony (Scotland, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maxmill_Hutterite_Colony_(Scotland,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=58432.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 544-545. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.