From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The McMillan (MacMillan) Hutterite Bruderhof near Cayley, Alberta, was founded in 1937 by members of the Big Bend Bruderhof near Wolford, Alberta. Their preachers in 1956 were Jakob Wipf, chosen in 1921, and Samuel Kleinsasser, chosen in 1939. In 1947 the colony numbered 145 souls with 58 baptized members.

In 2012 the MacMillan Hutterite Colony was a Lehrerleut colony. The minister was Sam Entz and the manager was John Waldner.

[edit] Additional Information

Location: Cayley, Alberta (coordinates: 50.423333, -114.048333 [50° 25' 24" N, 114° 02' 54" W])

Address: R.R. 1, Cayley, AB T0L 0P0

Telephone: 403-601-9115


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published June 2013


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "McMillan Hutterite Colony (Cayley, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. June 2013. Web. 1 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=McMillan_Hutterite_Colony_(Cayley,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=89547.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (June 2013). McMillan Hutterite Colony (Cayley, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=McMillan_Hutterite_Colony_(Cayley,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=89547.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 433. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.