Meadow Mountain Mennonite Church (Swanton, Maryland, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Meadow Mountain Mennonite Church (MC), Swanton, Maryland, had its beginning in 1938, when Sunday school and preaching services were begun in a school south of Grantsville. A brick church was constructed in 1948 under the Casselman Mennonite Church. In 1957 Roy L. Kinsinger was the minister of this congregation of 30 members.

In the 2010s the Meadow Mountain congregation left the Allegheny Mennonite Conference and joined the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. This move was part of a larger realignment of Mennonite congregations in the 2010s that were formerly part of Mennonite Church USA. These congregations were unhappy with Mennonite Church USA's failure to take stronger disciplinary actions against area conferences and congregations who expressed openness to inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Sam Steiner
Date Published May 2017


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. "Meadow Mountain Mennonite Church (Swanton, Maryland, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2017. Web. 21 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meadow_Mountain_Mennonite_Church_(Swanton,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=148612.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. (May 2017). Meadow Mountain Mennonite Church (Swanton, Maryland, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meadow_Mountain_Mennonite_Church_(Swanton,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=148612.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1105. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.