From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Box 21130, RPO Meadowvale, 6677 M.T.C.C., Mississauga, ON, L5N 2WO. (905) 812-1162. In 2002 the congregation met for worship at the Thomas Street Public School (2640 Thomas St.). Pastor Jim Evans served in 2002 as a congregational leader. In 2000 the congregation had 25 members. The congregation had been affiliated with the Ontario Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (1995-), the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches and the General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. The language of worship is English.

The congregation began services in 1995. Jim and Daniela Evans are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated from outreach by the Ontario Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches.

The congregation was first known as Erin Mills Community Bible Church. In the summer of 1999 it changed its name to Meadows Community Church at the time it moved to its new worshipping location.

The congregation held its last service in March 2006.

[edit] Bibliography

Mennonite Brethren Herald 34 (21 July 1995): 16; 38 (17 December 1999): 21; (19 May 2006).

Mennonite Reporter (20 February 1995): 3.


Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published January 2002


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "Meadows Community Church (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 2002. Web. 20 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meadows_Community_Church_(Mississauga,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87404.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (January 2002). Meadows Community Church (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meadows_Community_Church_(Mississauga,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87404.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.