From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Meadows Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), on U.S. Highway 24 midway between Chenoa and Gridley, was a member of the [[Central District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Central District Conference]], was organized in 1891, when a white frame building was constructed three quarters of a mile north of Meadows. In 1908 it moved to its present location in Meadows and remodeled. It was again remodeled, enlarged, and re-dedicated 6 September 1953, with a seating capacity of 300. The membership in 1954 was 248, mostly rural; the minister was L. E. Troyer. Past ministers in 1957 (all deceased): Andrew Veroler, Joseph Kinsinger, Aaron Roszhart, George Gundy.  
+
Meadows Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), on U.S. Highway 24 midway between Chenoa and Gridley, was a member of the [[Central District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Central District Conference]], was organized in 1891, when a white frame building was constructed three quarters of a mile north of Meadows. In 1908 it moved to its present location in Meadows and remodeled. It was again remodeled, enlarged, and re-dedicated 6 September 1953, with a seating capacity of 300. The membership in 1954 was 248, mostly rural; the minister was L. E. Troyer. Past ministers in 1957 (all deceased): Andrew Veroler, Joseph Kinsinger, Aaron Roszhart, George Gundy.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 547|date=1957|a1_last=Troyer|a1_first=L. E|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 547|date=1957|a1_last=Troyer|a1_first=L. E|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 19:55, 20 August 2013

Meadows Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), on U.S. Highway 24 midway between Chenoa and Gridley, was a member of the Central District Conference, was organized in 1891, when a white frame building was constructed three quarters of a mile north of Meadows. In 1908 it moved to its present location in Meadows and remodeled. It was again remodeled, enlarged, and re-dedicated 6 September 1953, with a seating capacity of 300. The membership in 1954 was 248, mostly rural; the minister was L. E. Troyer. Past ministers in 1957 (all deceased): Andrew Veroler, Joseph Kinsinger, Aaron Roszhart, George Gundy.


Author(s) L. E Troyer
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Troyer, L. E. "Meadows Mennonite Church (Chenoa, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 9 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meadows_Mennonite_Church_(Chenoa,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=89559.

APA style

Troyer, L. E. (1957). Meadows Mennonite Church (Chenoa, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 9 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meadows_Mennonite_Church_(Chenoa,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=89559.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 547. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.