From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m
 
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
The Meadville Mennonite Mission was located on the southern plateau of the Welsh Mountain, three miles (5 km) north of White Horse, [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], PA. John L. Musser, then superintendent of the [[Welsh Mountain Samaritan Home (New Holland, Pennsylvania, USA)|Welsh Mountain Samaritan Home]], conducted a summer Bible school in the schoolhouse with success. Thereafter, on 28 July 1954, the ministers of the Hershey district opened Sunday school and services in the same building. The schoolhouse was used until the spring of 1951, when a frame structure 32 x 46 ft. was erected a short distance east of the schoolhouse. In 1955 Galen Hostetter served as pastor, with a membership of 41.  
+
__TOC__
 +
[[File:MeadvilleMennoniteChurch1952.jpg|400px|thumbnail|''Meadville Mennonite Mission in Meadville, Pennsylvania in May 1952.<br />
 +
Source: Mennonite Community Photograph Collection, The Congregation (HM4-134 Box 1 photo 010.1-24).<br />
 +
[https://www.flickr.com/photos/mennonitechurchusa-archives/5263972102/in/set-72157625460443202/ Mennonite Church USA Archives, Goshen, Indiana]''.]]
 +
The Meadville Mennonite Mission was located on the southern plateau of the Welsh Mountain, three miles (5 km) north of White Horse, [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]]. John L. Musser, then superintendent of the [[Welsh Mountain Samaritan Home (New Holland, Pennsylvania, USA)|Welsh Mountain Samaritan Home]], conducted a summer Bible school in the schoolhouse with success. Thereafter, on 28 July 1954, the ministers of the Hershey district opened Sunday school and services in the same building. The schoolhouse was used until the spring of 1951, when a frame structure 32 x 46 ft. was erected a short distance east of the schoolhouse. In 1955 Galen Hostetter served as pastor, with a membership of 41.  
  
The congregation's location is 5726 Meadville Rd., Gap PA. In 2006 there were 48 members with John D. Meck and Micah G. Zimmerman as pastors.
+
In 2006 there were 48 members with John D. Meck and Micah G. Zimmerman as pastors.
 +
= Additional Information =
 +
'''Address''': 5726 Meadville Rd, Gap, PA 17527
 +
 
 +
'''Phone''': 717-768-8555
 +
 
 +
'''Website''': [http://www.meadvillechurch.com/ Meadville Mennonite Church]
 +
 
 +
'''Denominational Affiliations''':
 +
 
 +
[http://www.lancasterconference.org/ Lancaster Mennonite Conference]
 +
 
 +
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 +
= Map =
 +
[[Map:Meadville Mennonite Church (Gap, Pennsylvania, USA)]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 547|date=1957|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 547|date=1957|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 +
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church USA Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Lancaster Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Pennsylvania Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 02:23, 2 April 2014

Contents

Meadville Mennonite Mission in Meadville, Pennsylvania in May 1952.
Source: Mennonite Community Photograph Collection, The Congregation (HM4-134 Box 1 photo 010.1-24).
Mennonite Church USA Archives, Goshen, Indiana
.

The Meadville Mennonite Mission was located on the southern plateau of the Welsh Mountain, three miles (5 km) north of White Horse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. John L. Musser, then superintendent of the Welsh Mountain Samaritan Home, conducted a summer Bible school in the schoolhouse with success. Thereafter, on 28 July 1954, the ministers of the Hershey district opened Sunday school and services in the same building. The schoolhouse was used until the spring of 1951, when a frame structure 32 x 46 ft. was erected a short distance east of the schoolhouse. In 1955 Galen Hostetter served as pastor, with a membership of 41.

In 2006 there were 48 members with John D. Meck and Micah G. Zimmerman as pastors.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 5726 Meadville Rd, Gap, PA 17527

Phone: 717-768-8555

Website: Meadville Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

[edit] Map

Map:Meadville Mennonite Church (Gap, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Meadville Mennonite Church (Gap, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 18 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meadville_Mennonite_Church_(Gap,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117147.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Meadville Mennonite Church (Gap, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meadville_Mennonite_Church_(Gap,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117147.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 547. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.