From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
Meckville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), a member of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]], began as a mission station in the Meckville area, Bethel Township, [[Berks County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Berks County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]]. After some disappointing experiences in joint work with the [[Church of the Brethren|Church of the Brethren]], and then in a purchased schoolhouse which burned to the ground, the mission board in 1932 built a brick building, 36 x 50 ft., near one of these schools. In 1954 Aaron M. Shank and Cletus Doutrich were serving as ministers with a membership of 65.  
+
Meckville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), a member of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]], began as a mission station in the Meckville area, Bethel Township, [[Berks County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Berks County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]]. After some disappointing experiences in joint work with the [[Church of the Brethren|Church of the Brethren]], and then in a purchased schoolhouse which burned to the ground, the mission board in 1932 built a brick building, 36 x 50 ft., near one of these schools. In 1954 Aaron M. Shank and Cletus Doutrich were serving as ministers with a membership of 65.  
 
+
The meetinghouse is located on Meckville Rd., Bethel, PA. In 2006 the membership was 72; J. Donald Martin, Sr. was the pastor.
+
 
+
  
 +
The meetinghouse is located on Meckville Rd., Bethel, PA. In 2006 the membership was 72; J. Donald Martin, Sr. was the pastor.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 549|date=1957|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 549|date=1957|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:55, 20 August 2013

Meckville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), a member of the Lancaster Conference, began as a mission station in the Meckville area, Bethel Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania. After some disappointing experiences in joint work with the Church of the Brethren, and then in a purchased schoolhouse which burned to the ground, the mission board in 1932 built a brick building, 36 x 50 ft., near one of these schools. In 1954 Aaron M. Shank and Cletus Doutrich were serving as ministers with a membership of 65.

The meetinghouse is located on Meckville Rd., Bethel, PA. In 2006 the membership was 72; J. Donald Martin, Sr. was the pastor.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Meckville Mennonite Church (Bethel, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 7 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meckville_Mennonite_Church_(Bethel,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89569.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Meckville Mennonite Church (Bethel, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 7 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meckville_Mennonite_Church_(Bethel,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89569.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 549. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.