Mennonite Church of Dillon (Delaven, Illinois, USA)

Revision as of 19:25, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Mennonite Church of Dillon (Mennonite Church USA) was organized as a separate congregation under the Illinois Mennonite Conference in September 1952, after several years as a branch Sunday school sponsored by the Hopedale Mennonite congregation. Meetings were held in a building owned by the Methodist Episcopal Church in the unincorporated village of Dillon, about five miles (eight km) southwest of Tremont. John V. Troyer was ordained as pastor when the congregation was organized. Membership in 2008 was 55; the pastor at that time was Robert D. Nafziger.

Additional Information


20549 Peach Street

Delavan, Illinois



Denominational Affiliations:

Illinois Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Author(s) Nelson P Springer
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Springer, Nelson P. "Mennonite Church of Dillon (Delaven, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 18 Mar 2018.,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=83484.

APA style

Springer, Nelson P. (1956). Mennonite Church of Dillon (Delaven, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 March 2018, from,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=83484.


Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 62. All rights reserved.

©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.