From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Mennonite Girls' Center (Mennonite Church), located at 412 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, IN, was founded for the purpose of providing a Christian home for Mennonite girls who are working in Goshen. This 16-room building was purchased in May 1947 and dedicated on 1 December 1947 with 16 roomers. The Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Mission Board and the Women's Missionary Auxiliary sponsored the work of the Center and appointed a committee of four members for a term of two years, which effected its own organization and appointed a fifth member who served as executive vice-chairman and manager. This committee also secured the matron in charge of the Center. The Center by 1957 had served more than 165 girls from 12 different states and various denominations, providing Christian fellowship, conveniences, various activities, and social contacts.


Author(s) Ada Brubacher
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Brubacher, Ada. "Mennonite Girls' Center (Goshen, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Girls%27_Center_(Goshen,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=89729.

APA style

Brubacher, Ada. (1957). Mennonite Girls' Center (Goshen, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Girls%27_Center_(Goshen,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=89729.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 623. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.