From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Chicago Mennonite Gospel Mission, 6201 Carpenter St., [[Chicago (Illinois, USA)|Chicago]], [[Illinois (USA)|Illinois]], an extinct mission station, was founded in 1909 as the initial step in home mission work by the [[Central Conference Mennonite Church|Central Conference of Mennonites]]. It was first located at 843 West 63d Street. The property at the Carpenter Street location was purchased in 1910 and rebuilt for mission purposes. For many years it was known as the Mennonite Home Chapel. The membership at one time was near 60, but successive population shifts removed the chief elements in the mission constituency, and the work was continued for some years with increasing difficulty. The Home Mission Committee discontinued its organized program at the close of 1947 and the property was sold soon after.
 
Chicago Mennonite Gospel Mission, 6201 Carpenter St., [[Chicago (Illinois, USA)|Chicago]], [[Illinois (USA)|Illinois]], an extinct mission station, was founded in 1909 as the initial step in home mission work by the [[Central Conference Mennonite Church|Central Conference of Mennonites]]. It was first located at 843 West 63d Street. The property at the Carpenter Street location was purchased in 1910 and rebuilt for mission purposes. For many years it was known as the Mennonite Home Chapel. The membership at one time was near 60, but successive population shifts removed the chief elements in the mission constituency, and the work was continued for some years with increasing difficulty. The Home Mission Committee discontinued its organized program at the close of 1947 and the property was sold soon after.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 556|date=1957|a1_last=Hartzler|a1_first=Raymond L|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 556|date=1957|a1_last=Hartzler|a1_first=Raymond L|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:56, 20 August 2013

Chicago Mennonite Gospel Mission, 6201 Carpenter St., Chicago, Illinois, an extinct mission station, was founded in 1909 as the initial step in home mission work by the Central Conference of Mennonites. It was first located at 843 West 63d Street. The property at the Carpenter Street location was purchased in 1910 and rebuilt for mission purposes. For many years it was known as the Mennonite Home Chapel. The membership at one time was near 60, but successive population shifts removed the chief elements in the mission constituency, and the work was continued for some years with increasing difficulty. The Home Mission Committee discontinued its organized program at the close of 1947 and the property was sold soon after.


Author(s) Raymond L Hartzler
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hartzler, Raymond L. "Mennonite Gospel Mission (Chicago, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 10 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Gospel_Mission_(Chicago,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=89732.

APA style

Hartzler, Raymond L. (1957). Mennonite Gospel Mission (Chicago, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Gospel_Mission_(Chicago,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=89732.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 556. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.