From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][unchecked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
Mennonite Gospel Mission Church in Peoria, Illinois, was opened in 1914 by the Home Mission Committee of the [[Central Conference Mennonite Church|Central Conference]]([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]]). Jacob Sommer, who was assisting at the [[Mennonite Gospel Mission (Chicago, Illinois, USA)|Mennonite Gospel Mission]] in [[Chicago (Illinois, USA)|Chicago]], was called to open this new work in Peoria. The first service was held in a rented store building at 920 North Adams St., with 37 in attendance; in 1916 the building utilized in 1956 was erected at 1001 North Adams St. In 1956 there was a church membership of 148, which afforded a strong working group for constant need of mission work in a city such as Peoria, and the minister is Samuel Ummel, with Melvin Norquist as assistant.  
+
Mennonite Gospel Mission Church in Peoria, Illinois, was opened in 1914 by the Home Mission Committee of the [[Central Conference Mennonite Church|Central Conference]]([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]]). Jacob Sommer, who was assisting at the [[Mennonite Gospel Mission (Chicago, Illinois, USA)|Mennonite Gospel Mission]] in [[Chicago (Illinois, USA)|Chicago]], was called to open this new work in Peoria. The first service was held in a rented store building at 920 North Adams St., with 37 in attendance; in 1916 the building utilized in 1956 was erected at 1001 North Adams St. In 1956 there was a church membership of 148, which afforded a strong working group for constant need of mission work in a city such as Peoria, and the minister is Samuel Ummel, with Melvin Norquist as assistant.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 624|date=1957|a1_last=Ummel|a1_first=Samuel|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 624|date=1957|a1_last=Ummel|a1_first=Samuel|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:56, 20 August 2013

Mennonite Gospel Mission Church in Peoria, Illinois, was opened in 1914 by the Home Mission Committee of the Central Conference(General Conference Mennonite Church). Jacob Sommer, who was assisting at the Mennonite Gospel Mission in Chicago, was called to open this new work in Peoria. The first service was held in a rented store building at 920 North Adams St., with 37 in attendance; in 1916 the building utilized in 1956 was erected at 1001 North Adams St. In 1956 there was a church membership of 148, which afforded a strong working group for constant need of mission work in a city such as Peoria, and the minister is Samuel Ummel, with Melvin Norquist as assistant.


Author(s) Samuel Ummel
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Ummel, Samuel. "Mennonite Gospel Mission Church (Peoria, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 16 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Gospel_Mission_Church_(Peoria,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=89736.

APA style

Ummel, Samuel. (1957). Mennonite Gospel Mission Church (Peoria, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Gospel_Mission_Church_(Peoria,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=89736.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 624. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.