From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:10, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Mennonite Gospel Mission Church in Peoria, Illinois, was opened in 1914 by the Home Mission Committee of the Central Conference (General Conference Mennonite Church). Jacob Sommer, who was assisting at the Mennonite Gospel Mission in Chicago, was called to open this new work in Peoria. The first service was held in a rented store building at 920 North Adams St., with 37 in attendance; in 1916 the building utilized in 1956 was erected at 1001 North Adams St. In 1956 there was a church membership of 148, which afforded a strong working group for constant need of mission work in a city such as Peoria, and the minister is Samuel Ummel, with Melvin Norquist as assistant.


Author(s) Samuel Ummel
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Ummel, Samuel. "Mennonite Gospel Mission Church (Peoria, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Gospel_Mission_Church_(Peoria,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=92745.

APA style

Ummel, Samuel. (1957). Mennonite Gospel Mission Church (Peoria, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Gospel_Mission_Church_(Peoria,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=92745.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 624. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.