Mennonite Indemnity, Inc., a reinsurance corporation serving all Mennonite Aid societies desiring to participate, incorporated in Pennsylvania in 1957. Sixteen societies were the initial participants. A board of twelve directors was elected by the stockholders. The first officers were S. S. Wenger (Lancaster) president, Elvin Souder (Souderton) vice-president, Wayne W. Martin (Goodville, Pennsylvania, USA) secretary-treasurer; the capital was $150,000. The Mennonite Central Committee nominated the board of directors and exercised a paternal influence in 1957.
In 2000 Mennonite Indemnity became part of the MutualAid eXchange (MAX), a reciprocal insurance company exclusively for Anabaptists throughout the United States and Canada.
|Author(s)||Harold S Bender|
 Cite This Article
Bender, Harold S. "Mennonite Indemnity, Inc." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 1 Aug 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Indemnity,_Inc&oldid=89754.
Bender, Harold S. (1957). Mennonite Indemnity, Inc. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 August 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Indemnity,_Inc&oldid=89754.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.