The Mennonite Medical Association is an organization formed in 1944 for Mennonite physicians and Mennonite medical students. Its officers in 1956 were president, Galen Miller, Elkhart, Indiana; secretary- treasurer, Charles Neff, Street, Maryland; vice-president, Meryl Grasse, Calico Rock, Arkansas. Samuel J. Bucher, Harman, West Virginia, was the editor of the <em>Mennonite Medical Messenger</em>, a quarterly which publishes news items from the various members of the Association. There were 105 members in the Association in 1956. The Association had an adoption program whereby physicians and students in the states "adopted" those physicians who were serving in relief or missionary work in order to develop a closer link with those who are serving in foreign lands.
In 2006 the Association's headquarters were in Harrisonburg, Virginia. The membership of about 600 included doctors, dentists and medical/dental students from Mennonite and Brethren in Christ churches. Beginning in 1998 the Association published Mennonite Health Journal.
Mennonite Medical Messenger (1949-1998)
Mennonite Health Journal (1998- )
|Author(s)||Samuel J Bucher|
Cite This Article
Bucher, Samuel J. "Mennonite Medical Association." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 16 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Medical_Association&oldid=89759.
Bucher, Samuel J. (1957). Mennonite Medical Association. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Medical_Association&oldid=89759.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.