From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The Mennonite School of Nursing in [[Beatrice (Nebraska, USA)|Beatrice, Nebraska]], was founded at the [[Mennonite Deaconess Home and Hospital (Beatrice, Nebraska, USA) |Mennonite Deaconess Home and Hospital]] at Beatrice in 1911 shortly after the hospital was opened, and continued until 1929. The course of study was three years and included courses which led to high school graduation and upon graduation from the School of Nursing eligibility for registration. Special courses in Bible, ethics, and the [[Deaconess|deaconess]]work were given. The school gave training to 27 girls; of these a number became ordained deaconesses and devoted their lives to the care of the sick. The school was under the leadership of Sister Marie Wedel, Sister Elise Hirschler, Sister Sarah Rempel, Sister Magdalene Wiebe, and Herman Wiebe. In 1941-1947 a two-year course in practical community nursing was offered under the leadership of Mrs. Ursula Penner Frantz.
+
The Mennonite School of Nursing in [[Beatrice (Nebraska, USA)|Beatrice, Nebraska]], was founded at the [[Mennonite Deaconess Home and Hospital (Beatrice, Nebraska, USA) |Mennonite Deaconess Home and Hospital]] at Beatrice in 1911 shortly after the hospital was opened, and continued until 1929. The course of study was three years and included courses which led to high school graduation and upon graduation from the School of Nursing eligibility for registration. Special courses in Bible, ethics, and the [[Deaconess|deaconess ]]work were given. The school gave training to 27 girls; of these a number became ordained deaconesses and devoted their lives to the care of the sick. The school was under the leadership of Sister Marie Wedel, Sister Elise Hirschler, Sister Sarah Rempel, Sister Magdalene Wiebe, and Herman Wiebe. In 1941-1947 a two-year course in practical community nursing was offered under the leadership of Mrs. Ursula Penner Frantz.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 638|date=1957|a1_last=Zehr|a1_first=Edmund P|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 638|date=1957|a1_last=Zehr|a1_first=Edmund P|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 14:10, 23 August 2013

The Mennonite School of Nursing in Beatrice, Nebraska, was founded at the Mennonite Deaconess Home and Hospital at Beatrice in 1911 shortly after the hospital was opened, and continued until 1929. The course of study was three years and included courses which led to high school graduation and upon graduation from the School of Nursing eligibility for registration. Special courses in Bible, ethics, and the deaconess work were given. The school gave training to 27 girls; of these a number became ordained deaconesses and devoted their lives to the care of the sick. The school was under the leadership of Sister Marie Wedel, Sister Elise Hirschler, Sister Sarah Rempel, Sister Magdalene Wiebe, and Herman Wiebe. In 1941-1947 a two-year course in practical community nursing was offered under the leadership of Mrs. Ursula Penner Frantz.


Author(s) Edmund P Zehr
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Zehr, Edmund P. "Mennonite School of Nursing (Beatrice, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_School_of_Nursing_(Beatrice,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=92760.

APA style

Zehr, Edmund P. (1957). Mennonite School of Nursing (Beatrice, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_School_of_Nursing_(Beatrice,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=92760.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 638. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.