From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Mennonite Spanish Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), 1014 South Blue Island Ave., [[Chicago (Illinois, USA)|Chicago]], IL, on the near west side of the city, was organized under the [[Mennonite Board of Missions (Mennonite Church)|Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities]] in 1934 with 14 charter members. The main services were bilingual, Spanish and English. The membership in 1956 was 64. Pastors who served the church were David Castillo (4 years), Lester Hershey (5 years), D. Parke Lantz (one year), [[Snyder, Elvin Valores (1900-1985)|Elvin V. Snyder]] (one year), John Litwiller (2 years), and Mario Snyder (3 years). It served the Latin-American community of Chicago.
+
Mennonite Spanish Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), 1014 South Blue Island Ave., [[Chicago (Illinois, USA)|Chicago]], IL, on the near west side of the city, was organized under the [[Mennonite Board of Missions (Mennonite Church)|Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities]] in 1934 with 14 charter members. The main services were bilingual, Spanish and English. The membership in 1956 was 64. Pastors who served the church were David Castillo (4 years), Lester Hershey (5 years), D. Parke Lantz (one year), [[Snyder, Elvin Valores (1900-1985)|Elvin V. Snyder]] (one year), John Litwiller (2 years), and Mario Snyder (3 years). It served the Latin-American community of Chicago.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 638|date=1957|a1_last=Bean|a1_first=Dorothy|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 638|date=1957|a1_last=Bean|a1_first=Dorothy|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 19:56, 20 August 2013

Mennonite Spanish Church (Mennonite Church), 1014 South Blue Island Ave., Chicago, IL, on the near west side of the city, was organized under the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities in 1934 with 14 charter members. The main services were bilingual, Spanish and English. The membership in 1956 was 64. Pastors who served the church were David Castillo (4 years), Lester Hershey (5 years), D. Parke Lantz (one year), Elvin V. Snyder (one year), John Litwiller (2 years), and Mario Snyder (3 years). It served the Latin-American community of Chicago.


Author(s) Dorothy Bean
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bean, Dorothy. "Mennonite Spanish Church (Chicago, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Spanish_Church_(Chicago,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=89792.

APA style

Bean, Dorothy. (1957). Mennonite Spanish Church (Chicago, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Spanish_Church_(Chicago,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=89792.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 638. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.