Miami Hutterite Colony (New Dayton, Alberta, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Miami Hutterite Bruderhof, located near New Dayton, Alberta, was founded in 1923. George Waldner, who was chosen to the ministry in 1906, left the Milford Bruderhof to found this Bruderhof. P. Hofer was chosen as minister in 1927. In 1957 the Bruderhof had a population of 120, with 17 families and 43 members.

In 2017 the Miami Hutterite Colony was a Lehrerleut colony.

Additional Information

Location: New Dayton, Alberta (coordinates: 49.3625, -112.429444 [49° 21' 45" N, 112° 25' 46" W])

Address: Box 2128, New Dayton, AB T0K 1P0

Switchboard Phone: 403-733-2241

Managers and Ministers

Manager Minister Years
Willy Hofer David Hofer 2015
Willy Hofer Amos Kleinsasser 2017


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published September 2017


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Miami Hutterite Colony (New Dayton, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 2017. Web. 21 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Miami_Hutterite_Colony_(New_Dayton,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=154227.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (September 2017). Miami Hutterite Colony (New Dayton, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Miami_Hutterite_Colony_(New_Dayton,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=154227.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 666. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.