From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:57, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Miami Hutterite Bruderhof, located near New Dayton, Alberta, was founded in 1923. George Waldner, who was chosen to the ministry in 1906, left the Milford Bruderhof to found this Bruderhof. P. Hofer was chosen as minister in 1927. In 1957 the Bruderhof had a population of 120, with 17 families and 43 members.

In 2012 the Miami Hutterite Colony was a Lehrerleutcolony. The minister was David Hofer and the manager was Willy D. Hofer.

Additional Information

Location: New Dayton, Alberta (coordinates: 49.3625, -112.429444 [49° 21' 45" N, 112° 25' 46" W])

Address: Box 2128, New Dayton, AB T0K 1P0

Telephone: 403-733-2241


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published May 2013


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Miami Hutterite Colony (New Dayton, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2013. Web. 26 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Miami_Hutterite_Colony_(New_Dayton,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=89902.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (May 2013). Miami Hutterite Colony (New Dayton, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Miami_Hutterite_Colony_(New_Dayton,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=89902.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 666. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.