From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Midland, Michigan, Old Order Amish community, now about extinct, was established 14 miles (23 km) north of Midland in 1909 by settlers from Elkhart and Lagrange counties in Indiana. It never prospered, the only resident bishop having been Peter Yoder, who served in this office 1925-1928, The last family moved away in 1930.


Author(s) David J Troyer
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Troyer, David J. "Midland Old Order Amish Settlement (Midland, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 1 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Midland_Old_Order_Amish_Settlement_(Midland,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=89947.

APA style

Troyer, David J. (1957). Midland Old Order Amish Settlement (Midland, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Midland_Old_Order_Amish_Settlement_(Midland,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=89947.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 681. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.