From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:57, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Miller Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, was located in the western outskirts of Clarence, New York. It was built by the Strickler family on Ulrich Strickler's farm. Ulrich's brother-in-law, a Miller, was to preach there. John Strickler, a son of pioneer Ulrich Strickler, was also a preacher here. This point likely represented the independent action of some Mennonites of Erie County, New York, after the middle of the 19th century, when disturbances were affecting several congregations of the Mennonite Conference (MC) of Ontario, of which these east of the Niagara River were to be a part. About 1825 the Miller church, already in disuse, was converted into a residence. Its structure of stone was still substantial a century later (see Strickler's Mennonite Church).

Bibliography

Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. Toronto, 1935: 55.


Author(s) Joseph C Fretz
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. "Miller Mennonite Church (Clarence, New York, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 26 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Miller_Mennonite_Church_(Clarence,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=89986.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. (1957). Miller Mennonite Church (Clarence, New York, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Miller_Mennonite_Church_(Clarence,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=89986.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 692. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.