Miller Mennonite Church (Miller, Hand County, South Dakota, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Miller Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in Miller, Hand County, South Dakota, a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Conference, was organized in 1928 with 17 charter members under the leadership of Bishop Lee O. Schlegel. The first pastor was Wm. Schlegel, who served until 1932. Paul J. Glanzer, the 1956 minister, began to serve in 1950. Services were held in a schoolhouse until 1947, and in a Seventh-Day Adventist church until 1954, when a new frame church was built. The membership in 1956 was 23.


Author(s) Paul J Glanzer
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Glanzer, Paul J. "Miller Mennonite Church (Miller, Hand County, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Miller_Mennonite_Church_(Miller,_Hand_County,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=89987.

APA style

Glanzer, Paul J. (1957). Miller Mennonite Church (Miller, Hand County, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Miller_Mennonite_Church_(Miller,_Hand_County,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=89987.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 693. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.