Millersville Mennonite (Mennonite Church USA) Church in the town of Millersville, two miles (3 km) southwest of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, dates back to 1757, when a log meetinghouse was built to serve the Abraham Herr, John Correl, Michael Shenk, Peter Eshleman, Jacob Frantz, and Andrew Kauffman families. Benjamin Hershey, living one mile (1.5 km) west of Lancaster, was the first bishop. Among the leading ministers who have served here were Andrew Kauffman, John Shenk, Benjamin Hertzler, Christian S. Herr, and in mid-20th century Daniel Lehman and Daniel Gish. Among the sons of the congregation serving elsewhere have been John D. Charles, Chester and Daniel Lehman, and Clyde Shenk. The old church was replaced in 1851 by a new brick building, which in turn was replaced in 1897 by the mid-20th century church, with renovations in 1927. Jacob G. Hess, Landis Shertzer, and J. Herbert Fisher were the ministers in 1955 with a membership of 375. The Mennonite Children's Home was near by. The ministers shared a circuit with the ministers of the Rohrerstown congregation.
|Author(s)||Ira D Landis|
 Cite This Article
Landis, Ira D. "Millersville Mennonite Church (Millersville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Dec 2013. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Millersville_Mennonite_Church_(Millersville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89994.
Landis, Ira D. (1957). Millersville Mennonite Church (Millersville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 December 2013, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Millersville_Mennonite_Church_(Millersville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89994.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.