The Mission News was a bimonthly paper published by the Franconia Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities (MC). It was first published in March 1937 as a four-page paper. Later it developed into an eight- page paper. It 1955 it was a 16-page paper, approximately 8 x 10 in. in size. It was printed at the Mennonite Publishing House at Scottdale, PA, with an edition of 2,100. The purpose of this paper was given by President Isaiah G. Ruth in the first issue as follows: "The object of the undertaking is to inform our people as to the work which is carried on by the Board and the mission stations under its supervision." The editors were 1937-1939 Claude Shisler and Jacob M. Moyer; 1940-1955 J. Silas Graybill and Elmer B. Kolb.
In 1972 it was continued by Franconia Conference News.
|Author(s)||J. Silas Graybill|
 Cite This Article
Graybill, J. Silas. "Mission News (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 10 Feb 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mission_News_(Periodical)&oldid=123122.
Graybill, J. Silas. (1957). Mission News (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 February 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mission_News_(Periodical)&oldid=123122.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.