From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130823)
(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Mohadi, India, in Chattisgarh is a village 28 miles (45 km, or 40 miles (65 km) by motorable road) east-northeast of [[Dhamtari (Chhattisgarh State, India)|Dhamtari]] and a station of the American Mennonite (MC) Mission. Four acres of land for mission premises were purchased by the Mission in 1920. The mission bungalow and Christian workers' and servants' quarters, were finished by 1922. R. R. Smucker and family became resident at Mohadi in 1923, and with Indian Christian workers carried on evangelistic work among the villages of the district. A small medical dispensary also was opened by the missionaries.
+
Mohadi, India, in Chattisgarh is a village 28 miles (45 km, or 40 miles (65 km) by motorable road) east-northeast of [[Dhamtari (Chhattisgarh State, India)|Dhamtari]] and a station of the American Mennonite (MC) Mission. Four acres of land for mission premises were purchased by the Mission in 1920. The mission bungalow and Christian workers' and servants' quarters, were finished by 1922. R. R. Smucker and family became resident at Mohadi in 1923, and with Indian Christian workers carried on evangelistic work among the villages of the district. A small medical dispensary also was opened by the missionaries.
  
 
Mohadi was regarded as purely an evangelistic station with the missionaries free for village and home visitation work and touring. The district was large, including Bindra-Nawagarh Zamindari (a small Indian state) and a large area of villages extending west to the Dhamtari-Mohadi border and east for many miles to the border of the American Evangelical Mission territory. A church was organized with a membership of about 50 and an Indian deacon. The pastoral work was performed by the missionaries whether resident or nonresident. In 1954 the membership was 33.
 
Mohadi was regarded as purely an evangelistic station with the missionaries free for village and home visitation work and touring. The district was large, including Bindra-Nawagarh Zamindari (a small Indian state) and a large area of villages extending west to the Dhamtari-Mohadi border and east for many miles to the border of the American Evangelical Mission territory. A church was organized with a membership of about 50 and an Indian deacon. The pastoral work was performed by the missionaries whether resident or nonresident. In 1954 the membership was 33.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. <em>Mennonitisches Lexikon</em>. Frankfurt &amp; Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 144.
+
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. <em>Mennonitisches Lexikon</em>. Frankfurt &amp; Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 144.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 723|date=1957|a1_last=Lapp|a1_first=George J|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 723|date=1957|a1_last=Lapp|a1_first=George J|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 14:11, 23 August 2013

Mohadi, India, in Chattisgarh is a village 28 miles (45 km, or 40 miles (65 km) by motorable road) east-northeast of Dhamtari and a station of the American Mennonite (MC) Mission. Four acres of land for mission premises were purchased by the Mission in 1920. The mission bungalow and Christian workers' and servants' quarters, were finished by 1922. R. R. Smucker and family became resident at Mohadi in 1923, and with Indian Christian workers carried on evangelistic work among the villages of the district. A small medical dispensary also was opened by the missionaries.

Mohadi was regarded as purely an evangelistic station with the missionaries free for village and home visitation work and touring. The district was large, including Bindra-Nawagarh Zamindari (a small Indian state) and a large area of villages extending west to the Dhamtari-Mohadi border and east for many miles to the border of the American Evangelical Mission territory. A church was organized with a membership of about 50 and an Indian deacon. The pastoral work was performed by the missionaries whether resident or nonresident. In 1954 the membership was 33.

Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 144.


Author(s) George J Lapp
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Lapp, George J. "Mohadi (Chhattisgarh, India)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mohadi_(Chhattisgarh,_India)&oldid=92888.

APA style

Lapp, George J. (1957). Mohadi (Chhattisgarh, India). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mohadi_(Chhattisgarh,_India)&oldid=92888.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 723. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.