From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Molotschna Fire Insurance, Molotschna Mennonite settlement, South Russia, was organized in the early days of the settlement on principles established earlier among the Mennonites of Prussia. Each village had a fire warden (Brandschulze), and each district (volost) a fire marshal (Brandältester). A special commission inspected the houses to see whether they were built and maintained in line with the instructions of the fire insurance organization. Every village had and maintained a fire engine located in a special building in the center of the village next to the school.

[edit] Bibliography

Goerz, H. Die Molotschnaer Ansiedlung. Steinbach, MB: Echo-Verlag, 1951: 184.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Molotschna Fire Insurance." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 3 Sep 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Molotschna_Fire_Insurance&oldid=90108.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1957). Molotschna Fire Insurance. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 September 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Molotschna_Fire_Insurance&oldid=90108.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 737-738. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.