From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Monthly Letter of the Mennonite Women's Missionary Society was the first publication of the Women's Missionary organization of the Mennonite Church (MC). It began as an annual letter in 1919 (first issue March 1), became a quarterly in 1920, and a monthly in 1921. It was a single sheet broadside, 8-1/2 x 10 in., until Vol. 4 (1922) when it became a 4-page folder, continuing as such to the end of 1927. It was edited by the general secretary of the organization who was Clara Eby Steiner (Mrs. M. S. Steiner) from the beginning until her retirement in 1926. The society was disbanded at the end of 1927 and the paper discontinued with the November-December 1927 issue (complete file in Mennonite Historical Library (Goshen, IN)). It was succeeded by the Missionary Sewing Circle Letter, published by the General Sewing Circle Committee of the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities, which began publication July 1930.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Monthly Letter of the Mennonite Women's Missionary Society." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 27 Sep 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Monthly_Letter_of_the_Mennonite_Women%27s_Missionary_Society&oldid=90142.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1957). Monthly Letter of the Mennonite Women's Missionary Society. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 September 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Monthly_Letter_of_the_Mennonite_Women%27s_Missionary_Society&oldid=90142.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 747. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.