From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:07, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
The Monument Mennonite Mission (Mennonite Church), the first mission of the Mission Advocates of Lancaster County, PA, located in a Union meetinghouse on Linville Hill, Lancaster County, was opened on 21 September 1895. It continued intermittently until 1926. The neighboring congregations of Mt. Pleasant and Kinzer very definitely and variously benefited from the work. Isaac E. Hershey and Emanuel E. Keneagy were the first superintendents. The closing of the nickel mines near by in the first decade of the 20th century affected the attendance. 



Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Monument Mennonite Mission (Linville Hill, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Monument_Mennonite_Mission_(Linville_Hill,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=59057.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Monument Mennonite Mission (Linville Hill, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Monument_Mennonite_Mission_(Linville_Hill,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=59057.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 747. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.