Monument Mennonite Mission (Linville Hill, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:58, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Monument Mennonite Mission (Mennonite Church), the first mission of the Mission Advocates of Lancaster County, PA, located in a Union meetinghouse on Linville Hill, Lancaster County, was opened on 21 September 1895. It continued intermittently until 1926. The neighboring congregations of Mt. Pleasant and Kinzer very definitely and variously benefited from the work. Isaac E. Hershey and Emanuel E. Keneagy were the first superintendents. The closing of the nickel mines near by in the first decade of the 20th century affected the attendance.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Monument Mennonite Mission (Linville Hill, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 27 Jul 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Monument_Mennonite_Mission_(Linville_Hill,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=90144.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Monument Mennonite Mission (Linville Hill, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 July 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Monument_Mennonite_Mission_(Linville_Hill,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=90144.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 747. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.