From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Morris Gospel Hall ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) was a preaching outpost of the [[Kansas City (Kansas and Missouri, USA)|Kansas City]], Kansas, [[Mennonite Gospel Mission (Kansas City, Kansas, USA)|Mennonite Gospel Mission]]. In 1946 it had 22 members. It had its beginning in 1931 as an extension Sunday school of the Mennonite Gospel Mission. In 1946 it became an organized congregation of the [[South Central Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|South Central Mennonite Conference]] with 16 charter members. It was administered in 1946-1951 as part of the [[Twin City Missions (Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri, USA)|Twin City Missions]], which had a total of 38 members in that year. The work was discontinued in 1951, when the building was destroyed in the great flood. Edward Yoder was the superintendent throughout.  
+
Morris Gospel Hall ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) was a preaching outpost of the [[Kansas City (Kansas and Missouri, USA)|Kansas City]], Kansas, [[Mennonite Gospel Mission (Kansas City, Kansas, USA)|Mennonite Gospel Mission]]. In 1946 it had 22 members. It had its beginning in 1931 as an extension Sunday school of the Mennonite Gospel Mission. In 1946 it became an organized congregation of the [[South Central Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|South Central Mennonite Conference]] with 16 charter members. It was administered in 1946-1951 as part of the [[Twin City Missions (Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri, USA)|Twin City Missions]], which had a total of 38 members in that year. The work was discontinued in 1951, when the building was destroyed in the great flood. Edward Yoder was the superintendent throughout.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 754|date=1957|a1_last=Yoder|a1_first=Edward|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 754|date=1957|a1_last=Yoder|a1_first=Edward|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 19:58, 20 August 2013

Morris Gospel Hall (Mennonite Church) was a preaching outpost of the Kansas City, Kansas, Mennonite Gospel Mission. In 1946 it had 22 members. It had its beginning in 1931 as an extension Sunday school of the Mennonite Gospel Mission. In 1946 it became an organized congregation of the South Central Mennonite Conference with 16 charter members. It was administered in 1946-1951 as part of the Twin City Missions, which had a total of 38 members in that year. The work was discontinued in 1951, when the building was destroyed in the great flood. Edward Yoder was the superintendent throughout.


Author(s) Edward Yoder
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Yoder, Edward. "Morris Gospel Hall (Kansas City, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 2 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Morris_Gospel_Hall_(Kansas_City,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=90168.

APA style

Yoder, Edward. (1957). Morris Gospel Hall (Kansas City, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Morris_Gospel_Hall_(Kansas_City,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=90168.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 754. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.