From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Moultrie, a village in western Columbiana County, Ohio, near which mere was a small settlement of Mennonites, which organized the Georgetown Mennonite Church (now extinct) about 1840. In 1850 Jacob Newcomer donated one-half acre of ground on which the meetinghouse still stood in the 1950s. Henry Newcomer and Henry Walters served as ministers. The church never had Sunday school. The last services were held in 1885.


Author(s) Wilmer D Swope
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Swope, Wilmer D. "Moultrie (Columbiana County, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 8 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Moultrie_(Columbiana_County,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113534.

APA style

Swope, Wilmer D. (1957). Moultrie (Columbiana County, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 8 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Moultrie_(Columbiana_County,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113534.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 757. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.