Revision as of 03:34, 20 February 2014 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Moultrie, a village in western Columbiana County, Ohio, near which mere was a small settlement of Mennonites, which organized the Georgetown Mennonite Church (now extinct) about 1840. In 1850 Jacob Newcomer donated one-half acre of ground on which the meetinghouse still stood in the 1950s. Henry Newcomer and Henry Walters served as ministers. The church never had Sunday school. The last services were held in 1885.

Author(s) Wilmer D Swope
Date Published 1957

Cite This Article

MLA style

Swope, Wilmer D. "Moultrie (Columbiana County, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Oct 2016.,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113534.

APA style

Swope, Wilmer D. (1957). Moultrie (Columbiana County, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 October 2016, from,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113534.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 757. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.