From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Mount Airy Mennonite Church (Biblical Mennonite Alliance), formerly a mission outpost of the Maple Grove church, near Ellicott City, Maryland, started in 1952 and became an independent congregation, with a membership of 18 in 1957, and Irvin S. Martin as pastor. It was affiliated with the Lancaster Mennonite Conference but joined the Biblical Mennonite Alliance in August 2004.

In 2012 the leading minister was Irvin S. Martin, Jr. The congregation had 8 members and an average attendance of 12 in 2012.

[edit] Bibliography

Biblical Mennonite Alliance. "Directory of BMA Congregations." Web. 9 May 2012. http://www.biblicalmennonite.com/congregations.html

Hershberger, Brenda. Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2012-13. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2012: 40.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 7101 Watersville Road, Mt. Airy, MD 21771

Telephone: 301-829-2312

Denominational Affiliation: Biblical Mennonite Alliance


Author(s) Ira D. Landis
Richard D. Thiessen
Date Published May 2012


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. and Richard D. Thiessen. "Mount Airy Mennonite Church (Mount Airy, Maryland, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2012. Web. 14 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Airy_Mennonite_Church_(Mount_Airy,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=122884.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. and Richard D. Thiessen. (May 2012). Mount Airy Mennonite Church (Mount Airy, Maryland, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 14 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Airy_Mennonite_Church_(Mount_Airy,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=122884.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 758. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.