From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Mount Hermon Mennonite (MC) Church at Bergton, Hardy County, WV, under the Virginia Mennonite Conference. In the early years occasional meetings were held at the Moyer school by ministers on their way to more distant points in West Virginia. About the turn of the century services were held more regularly. Later services were held at the Capon Run schoolhouse in Virginia, two miles south. In 1937 a meetinghouse was built between the two schools, a short distance north of the Virginia and West Virginia line. The membership in 1956 was 65, with Linden M. Wenger as pastor, and Rowland Shank as assistant pastor.


Author(s) Timothy Showalter
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Showalter, Timothy. "Mount Hermon Mennonite Church (Bergton, West Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 26 Feb 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Hermon_Mennonite_Church_(Bergton,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=90201.

APA style

Showalter, Timothy. (1957). Mount Hermon Mennonite Church (Bergton, West Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 February 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Hermon_Mennonite_Church_(Bergton,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=90201.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 758. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.