From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:59, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Mount Pleasant Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at the corner of White Oak and Mount Pleasant Roads, Paradise in the northern tip of Bart Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, was begun as a mission in 1898 in a former United Brethren meetinghouse by the Sunday School Mission, under the leadership of B. F. Book and Christian M. Neff. A congregation emerged, which in 1956 numbered 78 with Amos W. Weaver and C. Marvin Eshleman as ministers and G. Parke Book as bishop. A Christian day school for the community adjoined the meetinghouse. Mount Pleasant is a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Mount Pleasant Mennonite Church (Paradise, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 31 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Pleasant_Mennonite_Church_(Paradise,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=90215.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Mount Pleasant Mennonite Church (Paradise, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Pleasant_Mennonite_Church_(Paradise,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=90215.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 759. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.