Difference between revisions of "Mount Vernon Mennonite Church (MC), PA"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Mount Vernon Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), 1 Lighthouse Dr., Kirkwood, Pennsylvania, was begun by the Strasburg congregation as an outpost located in a frame meetinghouse close to the Octoraro Creek in [[Chester County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Chester County]], Pennsylvania. On 24 June 1948 J. Lloyd Kreider was ordained pastor. The meetinghouse was greatly enlarged and the grounds renovated in 1956. The membership in 1956 was 39; in 2006, 210. In 2006 the pastor was Gary L. Roberts. The congregation is a member of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Mennonite Conference.]]
+
Mount Vernon Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), 1 Lighthouse Dr., Kirkwood, Pennsylvania, was begun by the Strasburg congregation as an outpost located in a frame meetinghouse close to the Octoraro Creek in [[Chester County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Chester County]], Pennsylvania. On 24 June 1948 J. Lloyd Kreider was ordained pastor. The meetinghouse was greatly enlarged and the grounds renovated in 1956. The membership in 1956 was 39; in 2006, 210. In 2006 the pastor was Gary L. Roberts. The congregation is a member of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Mennonite Conference.]]
 
 
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 760|date=1957|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 760|date=1957|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 19:59, 20 August 2013

Mount Vernon Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), 1 Lighthouse Dr., Kirkwood, Pennsylvania, was begun by the Strasburg congregation as an outpost located in a frame meetinghouse close to the Octoraro Creek in Chester County, Pennsylvania. On 24 June 1948 J. Lloyd Kreider was ordained pastor. The meetinghouse was greatly enlarged and the grounds renovated in 1956. The membership in 1956 was 39; in 2006, 210. In 2006 the pastor was Gary L. Roberts. The congregation is a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Mount Vernon Mennonite Church (MC), PA." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Vernon_Mennonite_Church_(MC),_PA&oldid=90219.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Mount Vernon Mennonite Church (MC), PA. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mount_Vernon_Mennonite_Church_(MC),_PA&oldid=90219.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 760. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.