Muravyevka (Samara Oblast, Volga District, Russia)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Muravyevka, a village in the Mennonite settlement of Alt-Samara or Alexandertal in the province of Samara, about 80 miles (130 km) north of the city of Samara, was founded in 1863 by Mennonites from West Prussia, when the Russian government granted permission for 100 additional families to immigrate. In 1913 the village had 59 Mennonite inhabitants and maintained a German school.

Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 191.


Author(s) Christian Hege
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hege, Christian. "Muravyevka (Samara Oblast, Volga District, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 Aug 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Muravyevka_(Samara_Oblast,_Volga_District,_Russia)&oldid=144458.

APA style

Hege, Christian. (1957). Muravyevka (Samara Oblast, Volga District, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 August 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Muravyevka_(Samara_Oblast,_Volga_District,_Russia)&oldid=144458.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 789. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.