From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(Added image and categories.)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
__FORCETOC__
 +
__TOC__
 +
[[File:NamakaMBChurch1950.jpg|400px|thumbnail|''Namaka Mennonite Brethren Church, 1950.<br />
 +
Creator: Henry J. Wiens (1885-1975)<br />
 +
Digitized by Hiebert Library. Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies''.]]
 
The Namaka Mennonite Brethren congregation in Namaka, Alberta began services in 1942; it was an [[Namaka Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church (Namaka, Alberta, Canada)|Evangelical Mennonite Brethren]] church prior to 1942 when it affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Conference. The congregation was organized in 1927 with 30 members. The first building was occupied in 1932. The congregation originated through immigration from the [[Union of Soviet Socialist Republics|Soviet Union]].
 
The Namaka Mennonite Brethren congregation in Namaka, Alberta began services in 1942; it was an [[Namaka Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church (Namaka, Alberta, Canada)|Evangelical Mennonite Brethren]] church prior to 1942 when it affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Conference. The congregation was organized in 1927 with 30 members. The first building was occupied in 1932. The congregation originated through immigration from the [[Union of Soviet Socialist Republics|Soviet Union]].
  
 
The presiding minister from 1927 to 1947 was [[Toews, Aron A. (1884-1969)|A. A. Toews]]. Other ministers were A. P. Willms, G. Dirks, A. G. Martens, Heinrich Klassen, and C. Penner. Membership in 1955 was 34.
 
The presiding minister from 1927 to 1947 was [[Toews, Aron A. (1884-1969)|A. A. Toews]]. Other ministers were A. P. Willms, G. Dirks, A. G. Martens, Heinrich Klassen, and C. Penner. Membership in 1955 was 34.
  
The congregation dissolved in 1972. It had been affiliated with the [[Alberta Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches|Alberta Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches]] (1942-72), [[Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches|Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches]] (1942-72) and General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (1942-72). The language of worship was German.
+
The congregation dissolved in 1972. The language of worship was German.
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Toews, John A. <em>A History of the Mennonite Brethren Church: Pilgrims and Pioneers</em>. 1975: 166.
 
Toews, John A. <em>A History of the Mennonite Brethren Church: Pilgrims and Pioneers</em>. 1975: 166.
 +
= Additional Information =
 +
Denominational Affiliation:
 +
 +
[[Alberta Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches|Alberta Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches]] (1942-1972)
 +
 +
[[Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches|Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches]] (1942-1972)
 +
 +
[[General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches]] (1942-1972)
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 808|date=July 1986|a1_last=Toews|a1_first=A. A.|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 808|date=July 1986|a1_last=Toews|a1_first=A. A.|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Alberta Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Alberta Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Canadian Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Extinct Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 02:23, 17 March 2014

Contents

Namaka Mennonite Brethren Church, 1950.
Creator: Henry J. Wiens (1885-1975)
Digitized by Hiebert Library. Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies
.

The Namaka Mennonite Brethren congregation in Namaka, Alberta began services in 1942; it was an Evangelical Mennonite Brethren church prior to 1942 when it affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Conference. The congregation was organized in 1927 with 30 members. The first building was occupied in 1932. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.

The presiding minister from 1927 to 1947 was A. A. Toews. Other ministers were A. P. Willms, G. Dirks, A. G. Martens, Heinrich Klassen, and C. Penner. Membership in 1955 was 34.

The congregation dissolved in 1972. The language of worship was German.

[edit] Bibliography

Toews, John A. A History of the Mennonite Brethren Church: Pilgrims and Pioneers. 1975: 166.

[edit] Additional Information

Denominational Affiliation:

Alberta Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (1942-1972)

Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (1942-1972)

General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (1942-1972)


Author(s) A. A. Toews
Marlene Epp
Date Published July 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Toews, A. A. and Marlene Epp. "Namaka Mennonite Brethren Church (Namaka, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 1986. Web. 26 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Namaka_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Namaka,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=115934.

APA style

Toews, A. A. and Marlene Epp. (July 1986). Namaka Mennonite Brethren Church (Namaka, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Namaka_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Namaka,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=115934.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 808. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.