From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:25, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Nehrung (Binnen-Nehrung), located east of the Vistula River near the Baltic Coast, was occupied by Dutch Mennonites coming from the Danzig Werder. They established Holländerdorfer there during the first decades of the 17th century in accordance with a special agreement with the authorities. Among the villages established were Schonbaum, Nickelswalde, Pasewark, and Prinzlaff. They drained swamps and built dams in a territory that had not previously been under cultivation.

Bibliography

Penner, Horst. Ansiedhmg mennonitischer Niederlünder im Weichselmündungsgebiet von der Milte des 16. Jahrhunderts bis zum Beginn der preussischen Zeit. Weierhof, Germany, 1940: 23-33.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Nehrung (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Nehrung_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=83611.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Nehrung (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Nehrung_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=83611.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1111. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.