From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:Neubergthal%20Rudnerweide%20Church.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''The Neubergthal Rudnerweide Church, ca. 1944  
+
[[File:Neubergthal%20Rudnerweide%20Church.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''The Neubergthal Rudnerweide Church, ca. 1944
  
Source: Search for Renewal, p. 69  
+
Source: Search for Renewal, p. 69'']]    The Neubergthal Rudnerweider Mennonite congregation began services in 1937. The first building was occupied in 1944. Jacob H. Friesen and Wilhelm H. Falk are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through division from the [[Sommerfeld Mennonites|Sommerfelder Mennonite Church]].
 
+
'']]    The Neubergthal Rudnerweider Mennonite congregation began services in 1937. The first building was occupied in 1944. Jacob H. Friesen and Wilhelm H. Falk are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through division from the [[Sommerfeld Mennonites|Sommerfelder Mennonite Church]].
+
  
 
In 1950 there were 53 members. The congregation dissolved in 1969. It had been affiliated with the [[Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference (EMMC)|Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference]]. The language of worship was German and English; the transition from German occurred in 1965-69.
 
In 1950 there were 53 members. The congregation dissolved in 1969. It had been affiliated with the [[Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference (EMMC)|Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference]]. The language of worship was German and English; the transition from German occurred in 1965-69.

Latest revision as of 14:13, 23 August 2013

The Neubergthal Rudnerweide Church, ca. 1944 Source: Search for Renewal, p. 69
The Neubergthal Rudnerweider Mennonite congregation began services in 1937. The first building was occupied in 1944. Jacob H. Friesen and Wilhelm H. Falk are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through division from the Sommerfelder Mennonite Church.

In 1950 there were 53 members. The congregation dissolved in 1969. It had been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference. The language of worship was German and English; the transition from German occurred in 1965-69.

The last ministerial leaders were J. H. Friesen, Edwin Klippenstein, and Peter Schmidt.

The congregation was located five miles southeast of Altona, Manitoba.

[edit] Bibliography

Heppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: the Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference, 1937-1987. Winnipeg: EMMC, 1987.


Author(s) H. H. Hamm
Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Hamm, H. H. and Marlene Epp. "Neubergthal Rudnerweider Mennonite Church (Neubergthal, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 21 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neubergthal_Rudnerweider_Mennonite_Church_(Neubergthal,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=93049.

APA style

Hamm, H. H. and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Neubergthal Rudnerweider Mennonite Church (Neubergthal, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neubergthal_Rudnerweider_Mennonite_Church_(Neubergthal,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=93049.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 845. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.