From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][unchecked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
Neuland Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]), located in [[Neuland Colony (Boquerón Department, Paraguay)|Neuland Colony]] in the Paraguayan [[Chaco (South America)|Chaco]], was organized on 12 November 1947 under the leadership of Hans Rempel of Einlage, Neuland. Its members were largely of the immigrant groups from [[Russia|Russia]] that came to [[Paraguay|Paraguay]] via [[Germany|Germany]] through the help of the [[Mennonite Central Committee (International)|Mennonite Central Committee]](MCC) in 1947-48. It became a member of the General Conference Mennonite Church in August 1950. It had 670 members in 1956. At first worship services were held every Sunday morning in the village schools, but a meetinghouse was then erected in Neu-Halbstadt. Sunday school, youth programs, Bible study, prayer meetings, and other church activities were held. The church had several [[Choirs|choirs]]. For congregational singing the <em>Gesangbuch der Mennoniten</em> was used. Communion services were held several times each year depending on the desire of the members. Its leader in 1954 was still Hans Rempel. He was assisted by 20 ministers and deacons, many of whom had been recently elected. Five ministers received financial support from the General Conference Mennonite Church in North America.               
+
Neuland Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]), located in [[Neuland Colony (Boquerón Department, Paraguay)|Neuland Colony]] in the Paraguayan [[Chaco (South America)|Chaco]], was organized on 12 November 1947 under the leadership of Hans Rempel of Einlage, Neuland. Its members were largely of the immigrant groups from [[Russia|Russia]] that came to [[Paraguay|Paraguay]] via [[Germany|Germany]] through the help of the [[Mennonite Central Committee (International)|Mennonite Central Committee]](MCC) in 1947-48. It became a member of the General Conference Mennonite Church in August 1950. It had 670 members in 1956. At first worship services were held every Sunday morning in the village schools, but a meetinghouse was then erected in Neu-Halbstadt. Sunday school, youth programs, Bible study, prayer meetings, and other church activities were held. The church had several [[Choirs|choirs]]. For congregational singing the <em>Gesangbuch der Mennoniten</em> was used. Communion services were held several times each year depending on the desire of the members. Its leader in 1954 was still Hans Rempel. He was assisted by 20 ministers and deacons, many of whom had been recently elected. Five ministers received financial support from the General Conference Mennonite Church in North America.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 853|date=1957|a1_last=Rempel|a1_first=Hans|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 853|date=1957|a1_last=Rempel|a1_first=Hans|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 18:51, 20 August 2013

Neuland Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located in Neuland Colony in the Paraguayan Chaco, was organized on 12 November 1947 under the leadership of Hans Rempel of Einlage, Neuland. Its members were largely of the immigrant groups from Russia that came to Paraguay via Germany through the help of the Mennonite Central Committee(MCC) in 1947-48. It became a member of the General Conference Mennonite Church in August 1950. It had 670 members in 1956. At first worship services were held every Sunday morning in the village schools, but a meetinghouse was then erected in Neu-Halbstadt. Sunday school, youth programs, Bible study, prayer meetings, and other church activities were held. The church had several choirs. For congregational singing the Gesangbuch der Mennoniten was used. Communion services were held several times each year depending on the desire of the members. Its leader in 1954 was still Hans Rempel. He was assisted by 20 ministers and deacons, many of whom had been recently elected. Five ministers received financial support from the General Conference Mennonite Church in North America.


Author(s) Hans Rempel
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Rempel, Hans. "Neuland Mennonite Church (Neuland Colony, Boquerón Department, Paraguay)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 18 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neuland_Mennonite_Church_(Neuland_Colony,_Boquer%C3%B3n_Department,_Paraguay)&oldid=76204.

APA style

Rempel, Hans. (1957). Neuland Mennonite Church (Neuland Colony, Boquerón Department, Paraguay). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neuland_Mennonite_Church_(Neuland_Colony,_Boquer%C3%B3n_Department,_Paraguay)&oldid=76204.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 853. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.