Until 1772 Neuteicherwalde was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of Poland. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province in 1773, called West Prussia, in which Neuteicherwalde was located. Neuteicherwalde was situated in the district (Kreis) of Marienburg until the establishment of the Free City of Danzig in 1920. The village came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland. Today it is a settlement in the administrative district of Gmina Stegna, within Nowy Dwór Gdański County, Pomeranian Voivodeship.
The 1776 Prussian census lists eight Mennonite families in Neuteicherwalde with the following surnames: Isaac, Jantzen, Penner, Peter(s), Quiring, Reimer, and Wiebe. In 1820 Neuteicherwalde had 369 inhabitants with 24 Mennonites.
Mennonites who were residents of Neuteicherwalde were members of the Bärwalde Mennonite Church.
Wikipedia. "Stawidła." Web. 4 December 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stawid%C5%82a.
Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Web. 4 December 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/details.php?ID=4719.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||December 2012|
Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Neuteicherwalde (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2012. Web. 4 Dec 2013. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neuteicherwalde_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=83640.
Thiessen, Richard D. (December 2012). Neuteicherwalde (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 4 December 2013, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Neuteicherwalde_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=83640.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.