New Elm Springs Hutterite Colony (Magrath, Alberta, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

New Elm Springs Hutterite Bruderhof, near Magrath, Alberta, was founded in 1918 as a relocation of the New Elm Spring Hutterite Colony near Ethan, South Dakota, who sold all their land and bought the New Elm site. Their preachers in the early decades were Johann P. Entz, chosen in 1923, and Jakob J. Waldner, chosen a few years later. In 1947 the Bruderhof numbered 107, with 40 baptized members.

Daughter colonies of the New Elm Springs Hutterite Colony include: Big Bend Hutterite Colony (Cardston, Alberta, Canada); Crystal Springs Hutterite Colony(Magrath, Alberta, Canada); Birch Creek Hutterite Colony (Valier, Montana, USA); Tompkins Hutterite Colony (Tompkins, Sasakatchewan, Canada); and Ponderosa Hutterite Colony (Grassy Lake, Alberta, Canada).

In 2017 the New Elm Spring Hutterite Colony was a Lehrerleut colony.

Additional Information

Location

Magrath, Alberta (coordinates: 49.296389, -112.873056  [49° 17' 47" N, 112° 25' 23" W])

Address

Box 130, Magrath, AB T0K 1J0

Switchboard Phone

Phone: 403-758-3255

Managers and Ministers

Manager Minister Years
Edward Entz Peter Entz 2006
Edward Entz Peter Entz 2017
Edward Entz Jacob Entz 2018


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published April 2018


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "New Elm Springs Hutterite Colony (Magrath, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2018. Web. 27 May 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Elm_Springs_Hutterite_Colony_(Magrath,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=160197.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (April 2018). New Elm Springs Hutterite Colony (Magrath, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 May 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Elm_Springs_Hutterite_Colony_(Magrath,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=160197.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 861. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.