From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:Digital-38.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''New Hamburg Conservative Mennonite Church, 2004  
+
[[File:Digital-38.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''New Hamburg Conservative Mennonite Church, 2004'']]    The New Hamburg Conservative Mennonite congregation began services in 1959, and formally organized in 1960. The first building was occupied in 1960. The congregation originated through division from the [[Mennonite Conference of Ontario and Quebec|Mennonite Conference of Ontario]] over doctrinal and [[Discipline, Church|church discipline]] issues.
 
+
'']]    The New Hamburg Conservative Mennonite congregation began services in 1959, and formally organized in 1960. The first building was occupied in 1960. The congregation originated through division from the [[Mennonite Conference of Ontario and Quebec|Mennonite Conference of Ontario]] over doctrinal and [[Discipline, Church|church discipline]] issues.
+
  
 
 In 1965 there were 82 members; in 1975, 88; in 1985, 38; in 1995, 57; in 2000, 100; in 2004, 79; in 2009, 90. The congregation has been affiliated with the [[Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario|Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario]] (1960-1993). In about 1993 it withdrew and became an unaffiliated Mennonite Church. The language of worship is English.
 
 In 1965 there were 82 members; in 1975, 88; in 1985, 38; in 1995, 57; in 2000, 100; in 2004, 79; in 2009, 90. The congregation has been affiliated with the [[Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario|Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario]] (1960-1993). In about 1993 it withdrew and became an unaffiliated Mennonite Church. The language of worship is English.

Revision as of 14:13, 23 August 2013

New Hamburg Conservative Mennonite Church, 2004
The New Hamburg Conservative Mennonite congregation began services in 1959, and formally organized in 1960. The first building was occupied in 1960. The congregation originated through division from the Mennonite Conference of Ontario over doctrinal and church discipline issues.

 In 1965 there were 82 members; in 1975, 88; in 1985, 38; in 1995, 57; in 2000, 100; in 2004, 79; in 2009, 90. The congregation has been affiliated with the Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario (1960-1993). In about 1993 it withdrew and became an unaffiliated Mennonite Church. The language of worship is English.

The congregation is located on Hamilton Road in New Hamburg, near the intersection with Highway 7&8. Bishop Oman Bauman served as congregational leader in 2009.

Bibliography

Cressman, Kenneth. "The Development of the Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario." 1976, 70 pp. Mennonite Archives of Ontario.

Cressman, Kenneth. "A Descriptive Analysis of the Conservative Mennonite Schisms in Ontario, 1956-1979." 1979, 92 pp. Mennonite Archives of Ontario.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Sam Steiner
Date Published 2011


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. "New Hamburg Conservative Mennonite Church (New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2011. Web. 17 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Hamburg_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(New_Hamburg,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=93075.

APA style

Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. (2011). New Hamburg Conservative Mennonite Church (New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Hamburg_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(New_Hamburg,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=93075.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.