From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:52, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The New Hamburg United Mennonite congregation began services in 1926. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.

The congregation met together with Mennonite Brethren in rented facilities. The group dissolved and joined Waterloo-Kitchener United Mennonite in 1952. It had been affiliated with the Conference of United Mennonite Churches of Ontario (1926-52). The language of worship was German.

The congregation met upstairs at 122 Peel St., New Hamburg.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "New Hamburg United Mennonite Church (New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 21 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Hamburg_United_Mennonite_Church_(New_Hamburg,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=76240.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). New Hamburg United Mennonite Church (New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Hamburg_United_Mennonite_Church_(New_Hamburg,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=76240.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.