From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Paxton Mennonite Brethren Church, located on the western prairies of [[Nebraska (USA)|Nebraska]] about 15 miles south west of Paxton, was organized in 1919 by John J. Kliewer of [[Henderson (Nebraska, USA)|Henderson]], with H. C. Flaming as leader and a membership of 50. It at first met in a rural schoolhouse. This church has contributed much for missions. A church was built and a parsonage provided. Ministers who have served are H. C. Flaming, John K. Siemens, Geo. H. Jantzen, B. C. Willems, Henry Hooge, and Lavern Loewens. In 1958 the membership was 68, with Edwin A. Schmidt as pastor.
 
Paxton Mennonite Brethren Church, located on the western prairies of [[Nebraska (USA)|Nebraska]] about 15 miles south west of Paxton, was organized in 1919 by John J. Kliewer of [[Henderson (Nebraska, USA)|Henderson]], with H. C. Flaming as leader and a membership of 50. It at first met in a rural schoolhouse. This church has contributed much for missions. A church was built and a parsonage provided. Ministers who have served are H. C. Flaming, John K. Siemens, Geo. H. Jantzen, B. C. Willems, Henry Hooge, and Lavern Loewens. In 1958 the membership was 68, with Edwin A. Schmidt as pastor.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 12|date=1959|a1_last=Wiens|a1_first=H. E|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 12|date=1959|a1_last=Wiens|a1_first=H. E|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 18:55, 20 August 2013

Paxton Mennonite Brethren Church, located on the western prairies of Nebraska about 15 miles south west of Paxton, was organized in 1919 by John J. Kliewer of Henderson, with H. C. Flaming as leader and a membership of 50. It at first met in a rural schoolhouse. This church has contributed much for missions. A church was built and a parsonage provided. Ministers who have served are H. C. Flaming, John K. Siemens, Geo. H. Jantzen, B. C. Willems, Henry Hooge, and Lavern Loewens. In 1958 the membership was 68, with Edwin A. Schmidt as pastor.


Author(s) H. E Wiens
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiens, H. E. "New Life Fellowship Church (Grant, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Life_Fellowship_Church_(Grant,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=76904.

APA style

Wiens, H. E. (1959). New Life Fellowship Church (Grant, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Life_Fellowship_Church_(Grant,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=76904.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 12. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.