From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
In 2011 the membership was 26; the pastors were Harold Engel and James M. Westmoreland.
 
In 2011 the membership was 26; the pastors were Harold Engel and James M. Westmoreland.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Bechler, Le R. <em style="text-align: left;">The Black Mennonite Church in North America, 1886-1986</em><span style="text-align: left;">. Scottdale, Pa.: Herald Press, 1986: 176.</span>
 
Bechler, Le R. <em style="text-align: left;">The Black Mennonite Church in North America, 1886-1986</em><span style="text-align: left;">. Scottdale, Pa.: Herald Press, 1986: 176.</span>
Line 10: Line 8:
  
 
<em>Mennonite Yearbook</em> (various years).
 
<em>Mennonite Yearbook</em> (various years).
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 145 Doe Run Road, Coatesville Pennsylvania 19320-4279
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 145 Doe Run Road, Coatesville Pennsylvania 19320-4279
Line 22: Line 18:
  
 
[http://www.lancasterconference.org/ Lancaster Mennonite Conference]
 
[http://www.lancasterconference.org/ Lancaster Mennonite Conference]
 
 
  
 
= Maps =
 
= Maps =
 
[[Map:Newlinville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania)|Map:Newlinville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania)]]
 
[[Map:Newlinville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania)|Map:Newlinville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania)]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=December 2011|a1_last=Steiner|a1_first=Sam|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=December 2011|a1_last=Steiner|a1_first=Sam|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 19:25, 20 August 2013

The Newlinville Mennonite Church emerged from a summer Bible school program held by the Coatesville Mennonite Church among African Americans in Coatesville, Pennsylvania. A multiracial congregation started in 1946. By 1951 there were nine members, with pastoral leadership supplied by neighboring Mennonite churches. Elmer D. Leaman was ordained to serve the congregation in March 1952, and provided pastoral leadership until 1967 when he was ordained as bishop for the Millwood district of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. Harold Engel began service as pastor in 1968. Newlinville's membership has always been small, never exceeding the mid-40s.

In 2011 the membership was 26; the pastors were Harold Engel and James M. Westmoreland.

Contents

Bibliography

Bechler, Le R. The Black Mennonite Church in North America, 1886-1986. Scottdale, Pa.: Herald Press, 1986: 176.

"Leaman, Elmer." Gospel Herald 65 (14 November 1972). Reproduced in MennObits. “Gospel Herald Obituary - November 1972." Web. 3 December 2011. http://www.mcusa-archives.org/mennobits/72/nov1972.html.

Mennonite Yearbook (various years).

Additional Information

Address: 145 Doe Run Road, Coatesville Pennsylvania 19320-4279

Phone: 610-593-6464

Denominational Affiliations:

Mennonite Church USA

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Maps

Map:Newlinville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania)


Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published December 2011


Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "Newlinville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2011. Web. 1 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Newlinville_Mennonite_Church_(Coatesville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=83669.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (December 2011). Newlinville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Newlinville_Mennonite_Church_(Coatesville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=83669.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.