From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

The North Dallas Mennonite Brethren Church, sometimes called the Salt Creek Church, was located northwest of Dallas, Polk County, Oregon, and was a member of the Pacific District Conference. It was organized in 1904 with 24 charter members.

Ministers were Jacob Toews, Abraham Buhler, P. C. Hiebert, Heinrich S. Voth, John Enns, Dietrich Bartel, and H. F. Klaassen. In 1917 a group began to assemble also in Dallas, which organized in 1919 and received the North Dallas congregation into its membership on 7 January 1923 as an integral part of the new Dallas congregation.

From 1891 until 1896 there existed another Mennonite Brethren congregation north of Dallas. It was dissolved when most of its members joined the nearby Salt Creek Baptist Church.

[edit] Bibliography

"Dallas Mennonite Brethren Church." Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies, Fresno, California. Web. 6 October 2014. http://www.fresno.edu/sites/default/files/library-cb535.pdf.

[edit] Additional Information

Denominational Affiliation:

Pacific District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches


Author(s) G. H Jantzen
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Jantzen, G. H. "North Dallas Mennonite Brethren Church (Dallas, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=North_Dallas_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Dallas,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=125719.

APA style

Jantzen, G. H. (1957). North Dallas Mennonite Brethren Church (Dallas, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=North_Dallas_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Dallas,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=125719.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.