From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
Old Colony Mennonite Church, Drayton, Ontario
In 1974 a small group of Old Colony Mennonites began meeting in a building made available by the Old Order Mennonites 10 km. west of Kitchener, Ontario. In 1983 a church building was purchased in the town of Heidelberg. Soon after, Aeltester Cornelius Quiring left the Old Colony Church and founded the New Reinland Mennonite Church of Ontario, taking control of the church building. The Old Colony congregation that had been meeting in the Heidelberg church then rented a high school in Elmira for a time. In 1991 the church building formerly owned by the Berea Mennonite Church was purchased in Drayton, Wellington County, seating 350, and including a cemetery.

[edit] Bibliography

Dyck, Peter and Henry Friesen. "Old Colony Mennonite Church of Ontario" in Old Colony Mennonites in Canada 1875 to 2000, edited by Delbert F. Plett. Steinbach, MB: Crossway Publications, Inc., 2001: 163-167.

Gutsche, Horst W. "Verzeichnis deutschsprachiger Gemeinden und Seelsorger in Kanada." March 2010. Web. 23 February 2012. http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/index/cms-filesystem-action/pdfs/german-cdn/101217-1.pdf.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 7902 Wellington Rd 7, Alma, ON N0G 1P0

Telephone: 519-638-5501


Author(s) Richard D Thiessen
Date Published February 2012


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Thiessen, Richard D. "Old Colony Mennonite Church (Drayton, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2012. Web. 20 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(Drayton,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=95972.

APA style

Thiessen, Richard D. (February 2012). Old Colony Mennonite Church (Drayton, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Old_Colony_Mennonite_Church_(Drayton,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=95972.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.